Summer Programming 2018
A list of summer camps hosted on the RCS campus and facilitated by staff members.
Below are the camps we offered during summer 2018. Page is still being updated – check back for updates!
PEACEFUL WARRIOR SUMMER CAMPS
The Wandering Swordsmen
5 Weeks of Peaceful Warrior Camps for 2018!
Staying Sharp Summer Camp
Ali Banchiere & Jenny Armocida
August 6-10, 2018 – For all students ages 8-13
Student Support Coordinator, Ali Banchiere, and Sixth Grade Teacher, Jenny Armocida, will be leading academic, organizational and creative activities to help your child transition into the new school year with ease and confidence. Camp will be held in 6th grade class and on the RCS campus.
For all students ages 8-13. Activities include:
- Reading. writing. grammar and spelling
- Math review based on Singapore Math curriculum
- Note-taking strategies
- Effective organizational habits and routines
- Typing and word processing
- centering and mindful movement
- engineering challenges and teambuilding games
- arts and crafts
- outdoor games and water play
Camp fee is $250 for the week, with $50 due upon enrollment.
To enroll, please email Ali at email@example.com with your name and your child’s name, age and grade.
VisionsUSA Day Camp – Asheville
Led by 5th grade Assistant Teacher Katie Wilson
Different Camps Each Week Beginning in July, Going Through August 2018 – For all students ages 9-18
($105 – $160, depending on camp/week) 9AM-5PM
VisionsUSA is an international exchange program bringing students from Spain, Germany, and even Cambodia to experience Asheville. However, YOU don’t have to be an international student to participate! Day Camp programming is available to all Asheville residents, for students age 9-18. Students participate in excursions such as white water rafting and Carrowinds theme park, and when international students are in their ESL classes, American students can take Spanish, German, or Italian introductory classes.
Enrollment is open!
- Introductory classes in German, French, Spanish and Italian
- Afternoon activities include hiking, bowling, swimming and much more
- Day trips to surrounding attractions such as Dollywood, white water rafting, and more
- A Volunteering component to the program
- Opportunities to host international students