Employment at Rainbow Community SchoolCome be part of our community
Rainbow Community SchoolSeeks Gifted Teachers
Rainbow Community School is always interested in meeting qualified professionals who would like to join our community.
Find Your Inner Warrior
Decide if our philosophy presented on this website resonates with you.
Call for more information and/or send us your resume!
Check Your Inbox
Wait to be contacted.
Why Choose Us
One of the first things you’ll notice about working here is how close-knit and loving our community really is.
Rainbow believes in hiring faculty and staff that shine in their field. Most teachers hold a master’s degree.
40 Years and Counting
Our school has been open since 1978. We have a rich history of providing holistic education.
Learning & Collaboration
At Rainbow, you have the freedom to explore lessons in-depth. We provide ample opportunities for collaboration and continued learning.
Whole Child Teaching
We teach to the Seven Domains and believe in giving students the freedom to be who they are while we meet them where they are.
The Heart of West Asheville
Our school is located in the beautiful community of West Asheville, with plenty of cultural and creative venues.
Rainbow Community School, a holistic independent school in Asheville, NC, serving Preschool through Eighth Grade, is accepting applications for K-5 Division Head for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Division Head role at Rainbow Community School oversees operations for the K-5 Division and contributes to developing and maintaining a safe, inclusive, and dynamic culture, school-wide.
Some aspects of the division job description include:
- Coordination of holistic curriculum development and implementation
- Hiring, training, supporting, and evaluating talented teachers.
- Proactively communicating with parents and supporting families through conflict.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of systems and policies in an equitable manner that matches Rainbow’s values.
- Overseeing safety protocols.
- Teaching and guiding students to be accomplished, confident, and creative changemakers.
- Supporting students and families through joy and suffering.
- Shaping and maintaining an inclusive school climate and a compassionate and dynamic culture of learning.
- Facilitation of various meetings during and after school.
Skills and Dispositions
The Division Head should…
- Be self-aware and authentic, while maintaining attention to the needs of others.
- Collaborate and communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- Be culturally responsive and consistently maintain the dignity of all humans.
- Have written and verbal communication that is clear, compassionate, and inspirational.
- Be a strong school community member, who is able to attend evening and weekend events.
- Be a skillful and dynamic facilitator of meetings and trainings.
- Have extensive technological skills and experience.
- Be a fantastic logistical and financial manager.
- Always be able to see the larger vision and maintain higher ground, while implementing details and navigating conflict.
- Have an enthusiastic commitment to holistic education and to Rainbow.
- Be healthy, energetic, and maintain self-care, to balance long hours, often under stress.
- Be highly self-disciplined and organized with diligent time-management.
- Be intuitive, creatively inclined, and an innovative problem-solver.
Required Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in education
- School leadership experience, including teacher leadership
- Exemplary teaching experience within the K-8 spectrum
Preferable Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in Educational Leadership/Policy Administration
- Experience in a full-time school administrative position
Rainbow Community School is a holistic educational institution with a 40 year legacy of teaching to awaken and foster the authentic beauty, compassion and wisdom of children. We engage our mission through designing and implementing a Seven Domains Model of teaching and learning that seeks to create a diverse, comprehensive and thoughtful learning environment. We intentionally create space for strong family involvement and relationships with faculty and staff. We highly value faculty development, thus building in time each week for faculty members to participate in a professional and personal learning journey.
The mission of Rainbow Community School is to development accomplished, confident, and creative learners who are prepared to be compassionate leaders in building a socially just, spiritually connected, and environmentally sustainable world.
Commitment to Equity: As an educational institution and community school, we are committed to building an equitable approach to education and an inclusive school environment. We seek to build our students’, family, and staff’s understanding of systemic and structural barriers to equity within and beyond our school among students, family, and staff. We center our exploration around race, as it provides a critical lens that informs and enhances all other factors associated with building an equitable and inclusive environment.
How to Apply
All applicants should send in their cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Renee Owen. We expect to narrow down finalists by late January, 2020. Finalists will be asked to visit Rainbow for an interview, several meetings, and a teaching demonstration.
Compensation:$52,000-65,000, commensurate with experience.
We are always looking for qualified substitute teachers.
We are also always looking for qualified Preschool substitute teachers, too!
Preference will be given to applicants who have a four year degree and plenty of experience in the classroom. The ideal applicant can commit to substitute teaching for the year (or years) and is available with short notice. Our substitute pay range is $14.00-$16.00 per hour.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Don’t forget to tell us a little about yourself, why you want to teach, what grades you prefer working with and any special skills you may have.
Rainbow Community School is a nonprofit institution that does not discriminate in admissions or hiring practices. We welcome students and staff of any race, creed, ethnic origin, or lifestyle.