Applications are accepted year-round for every grade.
We hope this site has given you a sense of what makes Rainbow Community School special to the hundreds of families who have entrusted their children to us over the years.
If you would like to explore the possibility of your child attending our school, please contact us to request an Information Packet and Application. Our Admissions Process is listed below.
Children are accepted into Kindergarten based on their readiness. Rainbow’s cut-off date is September 30. However, we will consider admitting children with October birth dates on a case-by-case basis after an assessment has been made by our faculty and director.
- Parent contacts RCS through email or calling to schedule a tour. Tours are M-F at either 9 or 10:30 a.m. Tours are also customized to meet your schedule if this time frame is not compatible with yours.
- Application submitted with $75 application fee
- Student spends a day with current grade level as a shadow visit.
- Teacher recommendations and transcripts are requested
- Admissions team meets to evaluate candidate.
- Applicants will hear from the admissions committee in March for the 2016-17 academic year.
If you choose to email us before submitting an application, please provide the following information in your email:
A. For each prospective student
1. Child’s full name.
2. Child’s date of birth.
3. Grade about which you’re inquiring (Preschool through 8th).
4. Month and year of desired enrollment.
B. For prospective parent/guardian
1. Full name.
2. Mailing address.
3. Daytime phone number/s.
4. Email address.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!
Rainbow Community School is a nonprofit institution that does not discriminate in admissions or hiring practices. We welcome students and staff of any race, creed, ethnic origin, or lifestyle.